About the initiative
Eco² Schools as New European Bauhaus Labs capitalizes on five eco-renovation educational building projects that are currently in progress. By building on the concept of Open Schooling, the selected pilot sites will develop concrete and replicable climate action plans to be transformed into innovation hubs in their communities, raising citizen awareness activities to facilitate social innovation, promote education and training for sustainability, conducive to competences and positive behaviour for a resource-efficient and environmentally respectful energy use.
The 5 pilot sites are:
- University College Cork, Ireland
- Eco²Campus Microville Durable, France
- Ciência Viva “Pavilhão do Conhecimento”, Lisbon, Portugal
- Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket, Stockholm, Sweden
- Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece